Molds are fungi that are invisible to the naked eye and are found in nature. When mold grows too large , It can cause health problems.
They can implant throughout the home. Some sign of mold or undue moisture:
Spots of various colors but often green OR black :
+ On walls, ceilings or carpets,
+ Around windows,
+ In lockers, etc.;
+ The existence of a characteristic aromatic odor ;
Dark circles, warping, chipping, or other signs of water leakage on walls or ceilings may indicate a problem hidden behind the material.
Indeed, when mold is visible or there are signs of its presence, it is imperative to undergo a thorough home inspection to find out the cause and take appropriate measures to correct the situation. To learn how to clean surfaces affected by mold, see Eliminating Mold.
Also check !! A guide to thickening sauces, soups and stews
If you are a tenant or landlord and notice mold in the home, consult the Help and Resources department.
Tips for discovering the possible causes
Check the outside at least once a year to make sure everything is in good condition:
Manage rooms regularly and inspect all rooms at least once a year. This makes it possible to detect traces of waterproofing and mold:
Behind the furniture
In the basement, etc.
Avoid mold growth
Act quickly if the water spoils
The presence of standing water, leakage, or material soaked in the water helps the formation of mold.
Cleanly & dried any water damage within 24 to 48 hours.