Short on time but looking for a sweet recipe to whip up? This Ambrosia Salad recipe is just what you need. It literally only takes 10 minutes!
Course: Dessert, Side Dish
Keyword: Ambrosia, dessert, side dish
¾ cup heavy cream chilled
¼ cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup sour cream
4 cups mini marshmallows either regular or fruit-flavored ones (rainbow colors)
1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
11 ounces mandarin oranges (1 can) well drained
¾ cup maraschino cherries stems removed
1 cup pineapple tidbits well-drained
- In a clean, medium-sized bowl, combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Use an electric mixer to beat on high speed until stiff peaks have formed (mixture should reach a Cool Whip consistency).
- Add sour cream and stir until well-combined.
- In a separate, large bowl, combine mini marshmallows, coconut, oranges, maraschino cherries, and pineapple. Stir to combine.
- Pour whipped cream/sour cream mixture over ingredients and stir until everything is evenly combined and all ingredients are covered in the cream mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.