I love those recipes that we all grew up with, they are just too good to miss out on.This Baklava at its core is a strong sweet dessert.
Done well, one to two bites will satiate you in one sitting, kind of like the area coffee. It’s truly delicious and worth every minute it takes to create. Made of layer upon layer of buttered phyllo filled with chopped nuts and dried fruit, served together with a special syrup that changes the texture of this pastry from flaky and crisp, to tender and soft!
Wooo, what super quick, easy and delicious recipe !! This rich, it is sweet, it is all times favorite baklava dessert is basically a party in your mouth !! Definitely a keeper !!
Simple and easy ! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients
WHAT YOU NEED :
– Pecans: 1/2 pound (chopped)
– Walnuts: 1/2 pound (chopped)
– Ground cinnamon: 2 to 3 tbsp
– Phyllo dough: 1 pound package
– Melted butter: 1 to 1/2 cups
– Honey: 2 to 1/2 cups
Vanilla: 1 tsp.
– Lemon zest: 1 tsp (grated)
* I prefer to mix together nuts and toss with the ground cinnamon in a large bowl; set aside.
HOW TO PREPARE IT :
1. Start by buttering a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. In the bottom of prepared dish, place 2 sheets of phyllo and please brush generously with melted butter.
3. Next, making sure to sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of nut mixture on top. And please repeat layers until all the nuts, butter, and phyllo are used.
4. And make sure to end with about 6 layers of phyllo on the top. Whenever I have some butter left, I brush it over the top layer.
5. You’ll want to cut through all layers of the baklava using a very sharp knife. And please cut 3-4 sliced length-wise.
6. After that, you should make diagonal cuts to make diamond shapes.